020 - 67441600
Tetralogy of Fallot Repair
Tetralogy of Fallot is a heart defect that exists from birth (congenital). It usually includes four defects in the heart and causes the baby to turn a bluish color (cyanosis).
Open-heart surgery is needed, and it is often done when the child is between 6 months and 2 years old.
The surgery involves :
- Closing the ventricular septal defect with a patch.
- Opening the pulmonary valve and removing the thickened muscle (stenosis).
- Placing a patch on the right ventricle and main pulmonary artery to improve blood flow to the lungs.
The child may have a shunt procedure done first. A shunt moves blood from one area to another. This is done if the open-heart surgery needs to be delayed because the child is too sick to go through surgery.
- During a shunt procedure, the surgeon makes a surgical cut in the left side of the chest.
- Once the child is older, the shunt is closed and the main repair in the heart is performed.
Radiology and Diagnostic Test
● 2D echo
● Carotid doppler
● Sonography / Ultrasound
● Stress test
● CBC / Hemogram
● Thyroid profile
● Lipid profile
● Liver function test (LFT)
● Kidney function test (KFT)
● HIV test
● HBA1C (Diabetes) test
Rammangal Heart Foundation of pharmacy provides comprehensive pharmacy service’s to patients. Our department consists of full-time pharmacists and pharmacy residents. Pharmacists play a key role in providing quality healthcare. They are experts in medicines and will use their clinical expertise, together with their practical knowledge to advise you on common problems such as coughs, colds, aches and pains, as well as healthy eating.
Cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve the health and well-being of people who have heart problems. Rehab programs include exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life.
error: Content is protected !!